Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 3 Reflection

I know some of your eyes are starting to glaze over by now! Like I've said before I wanted to expose you to a number of different technologies so that you would know what's out there. Don't try to do everything!!! Pick one thing and give it a go with your students or just create something you use as a presentation tool or as demonstration. I'm hoping that you'll at least retain the knowledge that there are other possibilites out there when you are ready.

I'll keep the wiki posted all year so you have access to the links and I'll even try to add things as I find them. Feel free to pass on the wiki address to anyone in the district that might want access to the links. They'll have to join but I'll try and check in regularly to confirm them.

Our theme today was Innovation. Don't be afraid to think out of the box with technology. A lot of the tools we looked at today can be used across the curriculum with a little imagination. Hopefully, we can continue to share new links and lessons with each other to help give us new ideas.

Tomorrow: Go straight to the room you are assigned to for your Elective in the morning. If you have a flip camera and can bring it to the Video class tomorrow that would be great but not necessary.

Today's question: What tool that we looked at today are you most likely to use with your students? What makes it attractive to you? What are you thinking about doing with it?

13 comments:

  1. I know that my sixth graders will love glogster! I see it as being a good icebreaker for the start of school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prezi day again today! Did a Sea Life prezi to go along with the Sea Life unit our grade level does in the spring. Also loved Glogger!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prezi looks really fun. I know that I will need time to play and create to find out how to use it in my classroom. Sheryln

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like Prezi and Kerpoof. Kate, thank you for your help. Bin Yang

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Glogster as a way to share, either "Star of the Week" stuff, book reports, etc. Prezi also looks promising as a means of sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! For sure, I will use the graphing tools especially Create a Graph. I also love a new presentation tool (Prezi).

    Thank you, Karen. I am full.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is so much to spend time it is hard to focus on a few. Liked finding uses for the teachers toolkit activities and will spend more time with Preze...especially seeing what others have already created!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I liked the idea of developing presentations in Prezi. This is something I can definitely use in a secondary English classroom. I also thought about how I could use the Xtranormal movie maker to have students "re-enact" scenes from novels to show their comprehension. The Timeline site also seems to be a great way for students to structure background/biography research projects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Prezi & Glogster look like fun. As a sub my aim is to know enough about some of these things so I can help students I'm working with.
    I was working on an outline in webspiration for an introductory lesson on Black pioneers in Washington and somehow the whole thing disappeared and I couldn't get it back. Bummer!
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prezi and Glogster were very appealing to me. I would like to try using Glogster as a way to present book reports. Prezi to introduce myself to my students at the beginning of the year. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm most interested in Prezi. I made one today and am excited to have the students make one, maybe on their favorite book or what they did this summer.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had a great time playing around on Prezi today. I also am looking forward to playing around on Glogster. I have used Voice Thread in the past, and it is a great tool that the kids love to use.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tools we used yesterday were so helpful and we can use them in so many areas of our teaching. I think the tool that I like the most was the tool titled prezi. I found so many awsome lessons and ideas to present grammar to my secondary students. The day was quite beneficial and powerful.

    ReplyDelete