Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 4 Reflection

We are coming into the home stretch. You guys have been so paitent with all the technical glitches we've had. Unfortunately, it's part of the price we pay for technology and you just have to learn to be flexible and paitient or you'll drive yourself crazy. Don't let it keep you from using it with your students, just make sure you plan for more time than you think it will take.

I've seen you working on some great projects and I"m excited to have the chance tomorrow to hear what everyone has been up to. I don't know about you but I usally get more ideas from other teachers at classes like this than from anywhere else.

Tomorrow morning you'll have the first half hour to get settled and finish up some projects and then at 8:3oam we'll be hearning from School Data Solutions about a new program that we'll be using in the district in the next few months. I think you'll like it. We'll have some final work time in the morning and you'll need to get ready to share something that you've learned, gotten excited about or created this week. We'll be having a BBQ and playing some games at lunch. There will be fabulous prizes involved so you don't want to miss it. After lunch we'll do our sharing and see we are at time-wise.

Apparently, I miscalculated the clock hours. I have a call into Pam Hopkins to see what we can do about it but it shoud have been 35 instead of 30 for the whole week. We've been pretty much finishing up every day at 3:30 instead of 4:00 so we could make up the other 3 hours by trying to share in the morning and finishing up with lunch. If she ok's the additional clock hours we'll need to be here until at least 3:30 -4:00 tomorrow.

That's your question of the day: Which would you prefer? Stick with 30 clock hours and be done after lunch tomorrow or go for 35 clock hours and stay until 3:30ish?

22 comments:

  1. I vote for 30 and get out at lunch! It's going to be such a beautiful day tomorrow!!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would prefer the 35 :) And I can't wait to share my Prezi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for 35. Thank you, Karen. Another great day of learning. Bin Yang

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer the 30 hours also and appreciate that you checked into this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 30 would be great! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I prefer to be finsihed at lunch and stay at 30 clock hours.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote for 30. This has been a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would like to be done at after lunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think staying at 30 is good. We have a lot of work waiting for us at school!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I vote for 30 hours! I've had a great week and learned so much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I vote for 35 and stay till 3:30 or 4:00. I want to parctice and see other people's work.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Since it promises to be a beautiful day, I would prefer to leave after lunch and earn the 30 clock hours. Thanks, Robin H.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm flexible and wouldn't mind getting 35 hours. However, my first choice is 30 hours and leave after lunch. Thanks for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can go either way. Thanks for all you do Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I actually could go either way. I wouldn't want to cut the sharing short by leaving early. I agree with you that I get more ideas from sharing with others.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am all for the 30 hour clock hours and the great lunch. I learned lots today re website development, despite the gliches.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 30 hours would work well for me. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone has been working on! Kudos to Karen and her team for all of the hard work to provide this great week of learning. Thanks,

    Sheryl

    ReplyDelete
  18. 30 sounds great! I need time to let my brain process all of this wonderful learning!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I would like 35 hours if possible! Thank you-

    ReplyDelete
  20. I vote for 30 and leave @ noon!!! I want to enjoy the sun and start the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Since I left early to go to the chiroprater, I'm fine with 30. But I'll go along with whatever everyone else wants.

    T

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am loving this whole week, learning lots and would like to squeeze in all the learning I can. My vote is for 3:30

    ReplyDelete